We Are the Premiere 24/7 Mold Remediation Sugar Land Tx and Mold Inspection Sugar Land Services
Why Choose us:
- 24/7 Emergency Service
- We have the latest in Remediation and Inspection technology
- We have a response time of 24 hours or less from call to remediation/inspection
- We have no hidden charges - We give a Through Inspection and Quality Removal/Remediation
- Our charges are reasonable for our quality work
- In many cases we can charge the insurance first
- All of our Technicians are Bonded and Licensed
If it is late at night or on the weekend, you can't wait for the other companies to open - Give us a Call so we can resolve your worries!
What we are about:
Mold remediation Sugar Land , mold inspection, mold removal and testing services are taken very seriously. This is because mold can be extremely covert and very dangerous for humans. If you suspect that you have an infestation in your home, get in touch with us as soon as possible! Do not put it off! Your family’s health is at stake.
Call us for a consultation involving inspection and testing for mold contamination and we will immediately make an appointment with you at your most convenient time.
Check out All our Services:
What is Mold?
Mold is a fungus that thrive in dark, damp places. There are several different kinds of molds and some of these can be harmless while a few are positively toxic for humans and animals alike. It should be a cause of concern for home owners if a colony or growth of molds is discovered in the house. The implications of having mold growing within the house are various, including health issues for the occupants of the building as well as problems with the plumbing or water sources of the house. In Sugar Land, mold removal services are often called for when the home owners find mold growth in and around the house. In most cases, there is a strong suspicion of the colonies being that of black mold. If you find what you think may be mold growing in your home, give us a call and we will make an appointment at your convenience.
Mold remediation is a delicate process that should be done by professionals to safeguard the occupants of the house and to ensure that the present mold growth is completely removed. Living with molds is dangerous to our health and this kind of fungus is very good at going unnoticed for years. The reason behind this is that it grows primarily in dark, damp places which are seldom, if never, exposed to sunlight. Despite growing well hidden, the spores of mold can travel through air and ultimately reach humans and other living things. Symptoms of being exposed to black mold, also known as toxic mold, can be very similar to the common cold or allergic rhinitis. This may be the reason why it will take some time before a person may be diagnosed with mold exposure. Scheduling a regular mold inspection and testing will help lower the risk of complications in a family member's health as well as reduce the chances of any sort of mold growing out of control in your home.
Signs of Mold
There are a lot of signs of mold in your home that you may have not noticed because you are not aware that these are what to look for. The most telling sign of mold is the appearance of dark or black patches on the ceiling, walls, flooring and any other part of the house, even the furniture. In many cases, parts of the house which may have been flooded, have had burst pipes, roof leaks, condensation and high humidity are the areas most likely to be inspected first. Professional inspectors in our company are trained to spot signs of leaks, flooding and other sources of water which may indicate possible mold growth. You might also be able to see some of the following signs, which should prompt you to call us as soon as possible:
- fuzzy, dark or black marks (as described above)
- possible water sources (leaky drains, drippy faucets etc.)
- a musty smell
- an allergic reaction in a sensitive person in some areas of the house
- chronic colds or allergies in family members
- bloated wood or cardboard boxes
The fuzzy black marks are quite easy to spot in white walls and ceilings but may be difficult to notice if you have wood paneling and wooden floors. Molds come in a variety of colors such as yellow, white, dark green and black. If you suspect that what you see in front of you is mold, DO NOT touch it with your bare hand.
Touching can stir the spores causing them to fly up and you to inhale them. Black mold can also have a dangerous reaction to sensitive skin if touched directly.
Since mold thrives in damp conditions, it follows that water sources such as leaks, burst pipes, drips, condensation and spots of high humidity are possible places where our inspector might find mold growths.
These are actually quite easy to spot because water marks are easy to find either in fabric, wood or any other kind of cellulose material. If you know the history of the house or building, you should know if there has been any flooding since it was made. Start your search for mold in this area.
The musty smell that mold produces is actually part and parcel of the fungus and may be more pronounced if the growth or colony is particularly big. It might also be more noticeable if the growth is close to you. If you detect such a suspicious smell, please call us immediately and do not try to look for the source yourself. Doing so might expose you to deadly spores.
Any kind of mold can cause an allergic reaction in a person who is highly sensitive and prone to allergies. If there is no obvious source of allergens, you might want to think of a mold infestation. The occupants of the house might also suffer from never ending nasal congestion, post nasal drips and hay fever-like symptoms. These may be easy to dismiss as an allergy but the possibility of mold may also be the reason for this.
Some roofs especially older ones, may not have insulation, or have lost their insulation due to time. Without insulation, roofing sheets should show points or leaks where the sun shines through. Having a leaky roof can cause a lot of trouble, not just because of mold growth but also possible flooding of the attic if there is heavy rain.
Typically, carpeting or rugs which are found in kitchens and front entrances may be more susceptible to mold. This is because kitchens have a constant supply of water and other liquids. Spills from these may cause mold to grow underneath the rugs or carpets if the spill is not wiped up thoroughly.
Front entryway rugs and mats are just as prone to growths because these are where people wipe their wet shoes or track their wet feet when entering the house.
Underneath the floorboards is also a good place to start when searching for mold colonies. Spills, wet shoes and the like will leave moisture which is not accessible for wiping clean if it has seeped underneath.
The dark condition is also met because the base of the floor is almost always dark. Some times, if the floor is close to the ground, some humidity might also be created. This can encourage mold growth as well.
While mold remediation, mold removal and mold testing may sound easy for most home owners, responsibly getting rid of the mold may be an issue. Just tossing the rug or carpet out may get rid of the material where mold has grown but the way that you do it may have unleashed the spores from the colony.
Haphazard disturbance of a mold colony can expose you to the toxic spores (if the mold is black mold).
We employ the right equipment to ensure that spores which may be released upon the disturbance of the growth will not fly away to create another colony. Our vacuum system will decrease the possibility of mold spores floating around the house.
If you insist on cleaning up a small colony, you can use straight bleach on tiles and concrete surfaces. Please be very careful when applying the bleach on wood and fabric. Wood might discolor or whiten while fabric may become more fragile.
As for cardboard and paper, you might want to rethink using straight bleach on them. Cardboard and paper are notoriously fragile and may tear when exposed to such a strong chemical. There are also other chemicals which are specifically marketed to get rid of mold and mildew.
We could not stress more how important it is that our professionals don protective, safety equipment and masks when dealing with molds of any kind. Once you decide to clean up on your own, do not forget to protect you eyes and cover your mouth and nose with a mask. Inhaling toxic mold spores can lead to a fatality and the presence of bleach is no help either.
The strength of the liquid itself can get rid of a small growth of mold and the smell of bleach while you work in a confined space can cause you to have breathing difficulties. You might also want to wear a long-sleeved shirt and long pants to prevent direct exposure to mold and to prevent some of the bleach from getting on your skin. People who are sensitive to harsh chemicals should be careful.
When you decide to consult us for the best way to get rid of mold in your house, feel free to call so we can discuss a visit and the other necessary steps to ensure that we remove the mold properly. You and your family will be safe from exposure once we regularly visit to inspect your home as well as send tests for confirmation.
Call us now so we can solve your mold remediation Sugar Land, mold inspection and testing problems as soon as possible.
Come Visit all our Locations in The Houston Area