Emergency 24/7 Mold Removal and Mold Remediation in New Haven

Why Select us:

  • 24/7 Emergency Service.
  • We have the current in Mold Remediation in New Haven Technology.
  • We have an action time of 24 hours or less from call to remediation/removal.
  • We have no concealed charges – We provide Through and Quality Removal/Remediation.
  • Our charges are reasonable for our quality work.
  • In a lot of cases we can charge Homeowners Insurance First – ** Not in all Areas. **
  • All our Technicians are bonded.
  • We are licensed in New Haven.
  • We are upstanding Chamber of Commerce and BBB.Com members.

If it is late in the evening or on the weekend, you cannot wait on the other business to open – Give us a Call so we can solve your concerns!

For more information just call us (888) 493-1214.  

Mold Removal May Sound Easy but It’s Better to Leave It to an Expert in New Haven

Just tossing the rug or carpet out may get rid of the material where mold has grown but the way that you do it may have unleashed the spores from the colony. Haphazard disturbance of a mold colony can expose you to the toxic spores, in the case of a black mold.  

But if you require our services we can guarantee you that you will have the best professionals in the field, our employees have the right equipment to ensure that spores which may be released upon the disturbance of the growth will not fly away to create another colony. Additionally, we have a vacuum system that will decrease the possibility of mold spores floating around the house. 

However, if you insist on cleaning up a small colony, you can use straight bleach on tiles and concrete surfaces. Please be very careful when applying the bleach on wood and fabric. Wood might discolor or whiten while fabric may become more fragile. As for cardboard and paper, you might want to rethink using straight bleach on them. Cardboard and paper are notoriously fragile and may tear when exposed to such a strong chemical.

There are also other chemicals which are specifically marketed to get rid of mold and mildew.   We could not stress more how important it is that our professionals don protective, safety equipment and masks when dealing with molds of any kind. Once you decide to clean up on your own, do not forget to protect your eyes and cover your mouth and nose with a mask. Inhaling toxic mold spores can lead to a fatality and the presence of bleach is no help either.

The strength of the liquid itself can get rid of a small growth of mold and the smell of bleach while you work in a confined space can cause you to have breathing difficulties. You might also want to wear a long-sleeved shirt and long pants to prevent direct exposure to mold and to prevent some of the bleach from getting on your skin. People who are sensitive to harsh chemicals should be careful. 

 Of course, there are things you can do by yourself but the big difference when you decide to consult an expert is that you can get optimal and immediate results, preventing the mold colony from reappearing in a short time, and you can also ensure the welfare of your family to get a job well done. For the best way to get rid of mold in your house, feel free to call us so we can discuss a visit and the other necessary steps to ensure that we remove the mold properly. You and your family will be safe from exposure once we regularly visit to inspect your home as well as send tests for confirmation. Call us now so we can solve your mold issues as soon as possible.

Importance of Mold Abatement in New Haven:  Myths and Facts

Mold is something that can generate health complications in people who live in areas infested with this type of fungus, but often people tend to exaggerate or do not fully understand what it implies. For this reason below we will explain certain truths about mold, and we will reveal some urban myths about this fungus that are actually false.

False: All Molds are Dangerous

This is a false belief. The term “mold” refers to a group of filamentous fungi that includes various traits, from the mold that can be formulated in food to indoor toxic molds that grow on surfaces. The truth is that humans are exposed to a wide variety of bacterial and fungal spores on a daily basis, but that does not mean that they are all toxic.

However, the appearance of mold in the home should not be taken lightly because in the case of being toxic it can be harmful especially for people with a weak immune systems, such is the case of babies, elder people, pregnant women and people with respiratory conditions like allergies and asthma.

True: Some people are more sensitive to molds than others.

According to The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) some people tend to be more sensitive to mold than others. These people may experience itchy eyes or skin, wheezing and a stuffy nose.  Nevertheless, people who have a weak immune system can experience more intense reactions.

False:  Basements are the main source of household mold

According to The American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) this false because for the reproduction of mold a humidity environment is required to grow.  However, when we deal with problems such as indoor flooding, roof leaks, storm-driven rain that seeps into window frames or walls, leaking pipes, damp basements or condensation on cold surfaces, we could face mold problems in the future.

True: Air conditioning helps reduce household mold

Indeed, this is true. According the CDC using an air conditioner during the wet months can create the perfect environment for avoid mold growth.

On the other hand, in the case of people who don’t have an AC, a dehumidifier can works too. As a general rule keep in mind that it’s important to keep household humidity at no higher than 50 % throughout the day.

False: It always smells musty

Mold is not necessarily going to spread a smell, and although it is true that sometimes mold is detected by that stale smell, in many cases mold does not smell, especially in early stages when its seen in shower curtains or in a small corner in the basement.

Learn About Mold Cleanup in New Haven

There are a lot of signs of mold in your home that you may have not noticed because you are not aware that these are what to look for. The most telling sign of mold is the appearance of dark or black patches on the ceiling, walls, flooring and any other corner of the house. Sometimes, parts of the house which may have been flooded, have had burst pipes, roof leaks, condensation and high humidity are the places most likely to be inspected first because the natural habitat of mold is humidity.

Professional inspectors in our company are trained to spot signs of leaks, flooding and other sources of water which may indicate possible mold growth. You might also be able to see some of the following signs, which should prompt you to call us as soon as possible. Some of the signs you need to look for are fuzzy, even though are quite easy to spot in white walls and ceilings but may be difficult to notice if you have wood paneling and wooden floors; dark or black marks, in addition to possible water sources such as leaky drains and drippy faucet, among others.

The reality is that molds come in a variety of colors such as yellow, white, dark green and black. If you suspect that what you see in front of you is mold, don’t touch it with your bare hand. Touching can stir the spores causing them to fly up and you to inhale them. Black mold can also have a dangerous reaction to sensitive skin if touched directly.  

Since mold thrives in damp conditions, it follows that water sources such as leaks, burst pipes, drips, condensation and spots of high humidity are possible places where our inspector might find mold growths.  These are actually quite easy to spot because water marks are easy to find either in fabric, wood or any other kind of cellulose material. If you know the history of the house or building, you should know if there has been any flooding since it was made.

Call us at any time: (888) 493-1214.  

3 Things to Know When Dealing with Mold Remediation in New Haven

  • In order to control mold, it is essential to control humidity in the home spaces, either by means of monthly deep cleaning and performing checks in the corners of the house that often go unnoticed.
  • If mold is a problem in your home, you should clean it quickly and solve the water problem. However, experts in the area suggest that it is better to call an specialist before trying to solve the problem by yourself, this is because in many cases it can be a mold of toxic nature, and try to remove it without the proper tools or protection can put your health at risk, in addition that the mold may reappear shortly in our home.

Another measure that helps prevent mold is to make sure to dry areas and items damaged by water within 24-48 hours in our home. This helps to prevent the growth of mold in the future or the expansion of it in case there is already a mold problem in our home.

Don't Want to Call Us?

Send Message

Send Us Message Instead
Touch to Call!