Mold Removal Cost in your Area
So you have found that your house had a water problem and now you either see or smell mold.
You are now worried about how bad the infestation is or how much it is going to hurt your families health.
You wonder if you have that Black Mold you hear so much about and that worries you even more.
You will find that the cost to remediate mold in an average home depends upon eliminating the:
- Source of moisture
- The extent of contamination
- The amount of affected material
- The difficulty of material cleaning or removal
- The construction details of the home, and the labor rate
Here is an example of an average profession mold removal cost:
These costs do not include any special measures regarding:
- Hazard containment
Here are some Large Cities Estimates. Remember this is per square foot.
Cost by city:
- New York, NY $22.36
- Bronx, NY $18.37
- Brooklyn, NY $15.31
- Philadelphia, PA $19.10
- Washington, DC $16.58
- Atlanta, GA $15.00
- Miami, FL $13.64
- Fort Lauderdale, FL $14.29
- Minneapolis, MN $16.76
- Chicago, IL $19.53
- Houston, TX $20.15
- San Antonio, TX $13.52
- Austin, TX $15.31
- Denver, CO $12.94
- Phoenix, AZ $13.65
- Las Vegas, NV $14.98
- Los Angeles, CA $16.88
- San Diego, CA $15.32
- San Jose, CA $18.50
- Seattle, WA $13.55
Average Cost of Mold Removal – Pricing and Removal Cost Checklist:
- Get at least 3-5 estimates before hiring a Mold Remediation contractor — estimates are typically free, unless it’s a service call for a repair.
- Expect the Mold Abatement prices to fluctuate between various companies – each and every company have different operation expenses and over-head.
- Try to budget and additional 7-15% more on top of what our calculator gives out for Mold Removal costs.
There are areas of the house that may cost more so take these areas into consideration like:
- Mold Removal in Air Ducts
- Attic Mold removal
- Basement Mold Cleanup
- Mold Cleanup in the Bathroom
- Crawl Space Mold Clean-up
One of the biggest costs is if they find Black Mold in the house.
Determine the size and extent of the mold in your structure. The Environmental Protection Agency suggests cleaning surfaces yourself if they are 10 feet square or smaller. If mold is in a crawl space, mold remediation will cost from $2,000 to $6,000. If mold infestation is widespread, the price to remove may be $10,000 to $30,000.
Examine whether you will need a decontamination chamber, which is needed when the project is massive. This can increase the cost of project.
Take into account testing and inspection. Consider costs needs for mold testing and inspection before and after remediation.
Find the cause of the mold, which will have to be eliminated at some cost.
Add living costs if the remediation project forces you to live elsewhere, such as in a hotel or apartment.